What doesn’t get tracked, doesn’t get measured.
Out of all received wisdoms “what gets measured gets managed” must be one of the most widely accepted as obvious. After all, how could we ever manage something that isn’t being measured?
The quote is usually attributed to Peter Drucker, the brilliant management theorist. A bit of digging reveals, however, two surprising things.
First, Drucker — according to the Drucker Institute no less — never said it.
Let that sink in. All those Harvard Business Review articles attributing the quote to him? Apparently not so.
Make a statement in any room with this framed poster, printed on thick, durable, matte paper. The matte black frame that’s made from wood from renewable forests adds an extra touch of class.
• Alder, semi-hardwood .75″ (1.9 cm) thick frame from renewable forests
• Paper thickness: 10.3 mil (0.26 mm)
• Paper weight: 5.57 oz/y² (189 g/m²)
• Acrylite front protector
• Hanging hardware included
• Blank product components in the US sourced from Japan and the US
• Blank product components in the EU sourced from Japan and Latvia